Marketing automation is a blanket term used to cover any service that streamlines a marketing process so that it happens automatically, without clogging up your employees’ time. Whether it’s a software platform, new technology, or service, some form of marketing automation is a must-have for any business. It’s a smart investment that can help improve productivity, increase quality leads, and retain customers.
Over the last four years, marketing automation has grown from a $3.65 billion industry in 2014 to a projected $5.5 billion industry in 2019. Marketing automation has proven again and again to improve sales, increase leads, and 98 percent of businesses who use marketing automation have found that it has improved their business in measurable ways.
When implemented and used correctly, marketing automation can help a business:
1. Improve employee productivity
2. Set and achieve goals
3. Retain customers by providing better, faster service
4. Attract, nurture, and convert more qualified leads
Just over half of B2B companies are currently using some form of marketing automation, and adoption rates are steadily increasing as more and more businesses realize the value. In other words, if you haven’t already, now is definitely the time to start investing in some sort of marketing automation process if you want to get a leg up on your competition.
What You Should Know Before Investing in Marketing Automation
Getting started with a marketing automation strategy can seem daunting. There’s so much to keep in mind, from how much to initially invest and what processes even need to be automated. Some tips on finding the best marketing automation service for your business:
• Do industry-specific research to see if there is a software that can automate a process unique to your industry.
• Track where on workflows employees are spending the most time. You can’t know what to automate if you don’t know where work is currently being held up.
• Not every marketing automation company is going to be a good fit for you. Do you need a marketing automation service that is going to automate multiple aspects of your business, or are you focusing on one element?
• Focus on your goals. Do you want to increase productivity, increase quality leads, or retain customers?
• Determine your budget. There are marketing automation strategies that cost hundreds of dollars, and there are marketing automation strategies that cost thousands of dollars and beyond. Start thinking about what kind of money you want to invest in the automation process, keeping in mind the potential ROI.